Life Hacks for the Melrose Website
Here is our guide for making the most of our website—from MelTV, to finding your rep, to your next print ad—we’ve got you covered!
Have you ever gotten the best advice from a friend and thought “I wonder why I never knew that little trick before?!” Maybe it’s using a lip brush to get out that last dap of color from your favorite lipstick or it’s using a coffee filter to clean your computer screen. This type of advice has been growing in popularity online, so much so, that we’re hearing them called “life hacks” and there is a whole website devoted to them (may we recommend 25 Ways to Tie a Scarf and also How to Have a Simple Life as an Entrepreneur).
This got us thinking! The Melrose website has a lot to offer, but we bet many of our retailers don’t know about the “life hacks” available only a click away! Below is our list of 9 things-you-need-to-know about our site!
1. Create your own professional quality ads, for free, by using our Ad Downloads. Choose from Home and Holiday or Home and Garden options to create just the right look for your store. We make it easy to create great looking ads that will grab your customers’ attention! With three different download options, it’s simple to create the right ad!
2. Join us in the Melrose Lounge where you can:
~ Get inspired with design by catching a quick episode of MelTV
~ Find our latest tweets and see links to the latest retail news
3. Check our Showroom Listing and Show Schedule to plan your next trip to market.
4. See our Special Project Section which features monthly special projects developed especially for you to create in store and sell to your customer! You’ll watch a video from our designer Ken Fetgatter that shows you step-by-step, how to make the project. When you’re done with the video check out the product list so you’ll know what to order to make your own!
5. Create a PDF Portfolio. Use the PDF Portfolio tool (you must be logged in as a customer, more on that below!) to create a great looking PDF of products with images! Add as many products as you wish through the SKU section or ‘Add to PDF’ while you are shopping. Once complete you can save, print or email your finished file! With PDF Portfolio, the possibilities are endless! Use it to show customers new product that is “Coming Soon!”, get feedback on items they would like to see you carry, or make a favorites list to keep for your own personal reference!
6. Find your rep and call them to ask questions or even make an appointment! Our interactive map allows you to click on your state to find representative information.
7. Enjoy fast and easy ordering with ‘Express Order’ (again, you must be logged in as a customer, more on that below!) allows you order items quickly with just an item number. If you already have a list of what you want, you type in the item number and quantities, and you’ll be checking out in no time. Also, view and order our products from the Home and Garden or Fall and Holiday catalogues. You can even get a peek at our best selling merchandise or our close out specials.
9. Register as a customer! If you are not registered on our website, it’s very easy to do so!
~ If you’re an existing customer but not registered online, just type in your account number for Express Registration.
~ Or if you’re a new customer, fill out our simple Registration Form, you will gain access to pricing, catalogs, exclusive sales and all of the above tips!
We hope you find these website tips useful. If you do, we’d love to hear about it in the comments below. Also, if you’ve got your own “life hack” (even not related to retail!) we’re always looking for ways to help make our customer’s lives better, so please share those too!