It’s YOUR Year. Enjoy it!
If 2014 is anything like 2013, it will go by in a flash. New Year melts into Valentine’s Day into Mother’s day into Dads and Grads and so on…and before we know it we’ll be back at the New Year all over again. Sometimes it’s so easy to get caught up in a daily routine, that life seems to pass us by in the blink of an eye.
Which is why, at Melrose, we’re taking time out to Savor the Moment. Our society has become accustomed to such a fast paced life-style, that sometimes we forget that we can’t get those special moments back, so let’s take them in and build lasting memories! That means focusing our attention on what’s happening right now so we don’t miss the wonderful, everyday moments, which make life worth living!
We’ve gathered together these 10 tips for living in the moment. We plan to keep this list on hand, and you can do the same, for those days when we’re moving too fast and need a little reminder to Savor the Moment.
1. Start by focusing your attention on what is actually happening in the moment—right now!
2. Immerse yourself in the sensory experience of the moment—really hear the music, smell the food, or enjoy the conversation.
3. Look at the people you are with, try to really see and appreciate them.
4. Listen not just to what the other person is saying, but also to how they are saying it. Awareness builds a connection that keeps you in the moment.
5. Pay attention to details and see the beauty around you. A walk in the park, or even watering a plant, can bring you back to the moment.
6. Give yourself as much time as possible to get work done so you don’t rush through the moment.
7. Enjoy the process; don’t just focus on the end result.
8. Return to the present, if you get lost thinking of the past or the future.
9. Remind yourself—it’s your choice to live in the moment.
10. Share your plans to live in the moment with your family and close friends. Invite them to join you!
Living in the moment can help you make the most out of your life, day by day, week by week, and, of course, year by year. We hope you’ll join us in Savoring the Moment this year, and for many more to come! We want to hear from you! How do you savor a moment?
From all of us at Melrose, here’s to a successful 2014—in both business and life!