5 Tips to Make the Most of the 2013 Summer Shows
Going to the show? Here’s your cheat sheet!
The 2013 summer show season is just around the corner and you’re probably thinking about where you’ll be heading and what you’ll buy. Maybe some great fall merchandise or Santas for the holidays. Whatever you’re after, these 5 tips will help you make the most of your visit to the shows.
- Plan your travel and look for deals. When planning your travel, check the show website for hotel deals and even deals on parking or transit. Once you know the costs, double check deal sites like Priceline or Hotwire to make sure you’re getting the best price.
- Get familiar with the show. This may sound obvious, but many times retailers don’t look at a show’s floorplan until they arrive—and that can leave them feeling overwhelmed. Instead, print out the floorplan a few weeks before the show and take some time to review the vendors—circle the ones you want to visit and don’t forget Melrose!
- Make a list of must-visit showrooms. After you’ve looked over the floorplan, you’ll have a good idea of who you want to visit at the show. Make a list and rank the showrooms so you know where you want to go first.
- Call your reps. Your reps want to share new product with you at the show. Let them know when you plan to attend and make an appointment. They already know your store and can guide you through the showroom focusing on what’s best for you! You can find your Melrose rep here or schedule an appointmentand we’ll do the work for you!
- Enjoy the show extras! Most shows offer educational seminars and parties for attendees, usually free of charge. Take a minute to register for some inspiration at the show. For instance, you can attend a class to learn how to Accelerate the Consumer Purchase Cycle with Social Media at the Chicago Gift Market or Make Your Tabletop Pop at the Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market.
Don’t stop now—you’re on a roll! Hop on that show website and plan your travel, check out the floorplan, list out your must-visit showrooms and give your favorite reps a ring. Then, make a little time for some inspiration and education. At the end of it all, don’t forget to stop by your Melrose Showroom. We’ll be glad to see you.